The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote contacts between practitioners (whether in the public or private sector) and academics, and to act as a forum for the discussion of monetary and financial questions;
- To sponsor and publish original research in these areas by both academics (experienced and younger) and practitioners;
- To organise international meetings, focusing on topics central to its members' interests and, where appropriate, in combination with other like-minded bodies.
The Strengths of SUERF
Several factors have underpinned SUERF's successful evolution for nearly 50 years:
- The membership mix of central bankers, private market and banking practitioners, and academics forms a unique European network.
- The central focus on Europe.
- Being a member-based Association.
- Strong support from central banks.
- Choice of topics for Colloquia, conferences and lectures of interest and relevance to Members
- Distinguished and authoritative speakers at SUERF events.
- The SUERF Studies are invariably topical and of interest to each of the constituencies of the Association and have made significant contributions to important issues of public debate.
- A strong and distinguished Council of Management drawn from the main constituencies of the Association.
- A wide range of high-quality publications written by eminent scholars and practitioners.